|Who leaps buildings in a single bound? Who is doing it all without getting the respect shown to many? The lone person in the one-stop HR department - that's who.
A one-person HR shop is all things to all employees and managers, so they need to know a lot about a lot and they also need to know when to stop and seek advice.
If you run a one-person HR department, this training session will help you develop a plan to prioritize the operational, compliance, and people needs of your business, including:
- How to recognize the most common legal pitfalls that cause legal problems
- What to do if an employee brings you news of harassing or discriminatory behavior
- What to do when an employee has an accident - even if it seems minor
- What to do when an employee is struggling to do their job
- How being "nice" can come back to hurt your own job
- How to recognize when it may be an FMLA request vs. "just being sick"
- How to refer employees to the EAP without making the situation worse
- Maintaining your line of authority
- How to get new employees off to a good start fast
- How to give and get effective feedback
- The 10 things good documentation contains
About Your Speaker
Natalie Ivey is President and CEO of Results Performance Consulting, Inc., a firm specializing in leadership and employee development training and continuing education programs for the HR profession.
Ms. Ivey is an author and a national public speaker with more than two decades of leadership and HR management experience with Fortune 500 organizations. She is a member of the Society for Human Resource Management and holds the Senior Professional in Human Resources certification (SPHR). Ms. Ivey is a nationally-known speaker on a variety of topics within the HR profession and is known for her "tell-it-like-it-is", direct approach to teaching HR education.
Ms. Ivey routinely works with individuals, small businesses, and larger corporations to address destructive leadership behaviors and organizational dysfunction. She designs customized training programs to help employers correct poor behaviors, minimize legal exposure, and improve performance and profitability.
PHR / SPHR Credits!
This program has been approved for 1.5 recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCIs criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in On-Demand Or CD versions, as shown in the pricing options below.